Are you getting a NABERS energy rating for a building in NSW? You may be eligible for a financial incentive to help you reduce your energy use and improve your NABERS energy rating.
A higher NABERS energy rating may help you:
- reduce operating costs
- increase market value and rental income
- reduce vacancy rates
- reduce greenhouse gas emissions and environmental impact.
You can access financial incentives to upgrade equipment for buildings that expect to get a NABERS energy rating of:
- at least 0.5 star higher than that of average building stock for your building type, or;
- at least 0.5 star higher than the building’s historical NABERS energy rating.
Incentives are site specific and depend on:
- your NABERS star rating;
- the age of your building, and;
- the metered gas and electricity consumption of your building
This incentive is part of the Energy Savings Scheme (ESS).
Use the NABERS ESC Estimator
The NABERS ESC Estimator provides an estimate for how many Energy Saving Certificates (ESC) you can potentially generate by improving your building’s efficiency. It will also help you understand if your building is eligible for a financial incentive. Access the ESC Estimator.
How the process works
Here are a few steps you will need to follow to improve your NABERS rating.
- Contact an approved supplier. They will be able to check your eligibility and provide you with a quote. You can contact multiple suppliers for quotes to ensure you’re getting the best energy savings. Approved suppliers may be a different business to your NABERS accredited assessor. If so, make sure you work with both to get your incentive and NABERS rating.
- Make sure you choose an approved supplier before any work begins. The supplier will then provide you with the nomination form. You must sign the nomination form before your NABERS Rating is complete, otherwise you will not be eligible for the incentive.
- The upgrade works take place on your building.
- Complete your NABERS energy rating. Find out more about NABERS energy ratings.
- Following the completion of your rating, your approved supplier will be available to assess whether the rating is eligible for the Energy Savings Scheme method.
- If eligible, your approved supplier will create certificates for your NABERS rating, and you will soon receive the financial incentive for your building’s performance.
- You’re all done! If you have any issues or run into any problems, please contact your supplier.
Contact an approved supplier
You can find approved suppliers in your region below. When you contact an approved supplier, they will be able to confirm if they operate in your location. Note, suppliers listed in a region may not service the whole region.
Approved supplier terms of service
By using the regional approved supplier lookup below you are agreeing to the terms of service:
Approved suppliers are known as Accredited Certificate Providers (ACPs). Information about ACPs is provided for general information only. The Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal (IPART) is the Energy Savings Scheme Administrator and Regulator and is responsible for accreditation, auditing and compliance of ACPs. Before proceeding with engaging an ACP a customer should review up to date information available on the IPART website.
By accessing and using information about ACPs available on this website, the customer acknowledges and agrees:
- the NSW Treasury does not have any legal liability whatsoever connected to the deliverables associated with this program, including any issues arising from interactions with ACPs and technology installations
- to discharge NSW Treasury from all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs, losses, damages, and expenses the customer may potentially incur through this program or arising from the use of this information for any other purpose.
Contact an approved supplier directly. Importantly, you should be aware of your rights under Australian Consumer Law. You can ask the supplier for more details about the consumer guarantees they are providing you.