Assessing and understanding your current energy metering helps you identify gaps in the system. It can also show you how improving your metering systems could help you cut energy use and costs.
The metering and monitoring planning (MMP) initiative gives you the opportunity to find your metering system gaps and the steps you can take to address them.
We’re seeking expressions of interest from businesses that want to identify how they could improve their metering systems.
How we can help
We have selected a number of service providers who will assess your facility’s metering and monitoring needs. They will also develop a metering and monitoring plan for you. This will be a costed proposal with recommendations to improve your metering and monitoring system.
If you would like to work with a service provider on your metering and monitoring needs, please fill out an expression of interest form. We will then connect you with a list of service providers.
Expressions of interest are now open. Find out how you can get involved below.
Each service provider will receive up to $15,000 per metering and monitoring plan depending on the amount of your facility’s annual spend on non-transport energy.
We’re seeking to help NSW businesses develop metering and monitoring plans. Expressions of interest will close once the $1.5 million budget for this initiative is exhausted.
To be eligible for an assessment, you will need to:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be a business in a manufacturing sector or, another industrial or commercial sector if you have a complex energy system that requires a comprehensive metering plan
- be a site or facility located in NSW
- spend more than $200,000 on energy annually per site, including all purchased fuels, except fuel for transport
- have a clear and justifiable objective for developing a metering and monitoring plan
- have a complex energy system in terms of the number of processes, distribution systems, energy types and/or end uses involved
- have no metering and monitoring plan completed under this program for another site/facility of yours that has a similar energy system.
If a metering and monitoring plan is for a commercial building:
- only the base building is eligible
- the occupancy certificate must have been issued prior to 1 January 2022.
How to get involved
Expressions of interest are now open for eligible businesses.
Please fill out the form below if you are interested in a metering and monitoring assessment and we will connect you with selected service providers.
Thank you for submitting your interest.