The Energy Savings Scheme is updated annually. This year we are doing the rule change in 2 parts:
- Part 1 of the consultation has now closed. It focused on revising the baseline used to calculate energy savings for residential hot water systems and co-payments.
- Part 2 of the consultation will focus on lighting, pool pumps, commercial hot water systems and other administrative changes. It will launch in late 2023.
Part 1: revision of hot water systems activities
The hot water system consultation aimed to:
- inform industry about the new baselines and calculations to ensure energy savings from residential and small business hot water systems better reflect real-world savings
- invite feedback from industry about adjusting co-payments across all hot water saving activities to provide the best outcomes for customers
- invite feedback from stakeholders on transitional arrangements for those changes.
Learn more about the proposed changes by reading the:
Watch the hot water systems consultation webinar
We held a webinar on 19 September 2023 to give participants an opportunity to hear about the key changes and ask questions. This webinar explained the proposed changes to hot water systems activities in more detail.
Part 2: revision to lighting, pool pumps, commercial hot water systems and other administrative changes
The second part of the ESS consultation will be published later in 2023. It will focus on lighting, pool pumps, commercial hot water systems and other administrative changes, with changes taking place end of Q1 2024.
Learn about our proposed changes to lighting activities
In preparation for the second part of the ESS rule change, we held a consultation webinar on lighting activities on 21 September 2023. If you could not attend or want to watch it again, you can find out more by watching the video or reading the presentation slides.
This is one of many opportunities to get involved with the scheme. We look forward to collaborating with you through targeted research, stakeholder engagement, and prototyping activities. We will provide regular updates about these activities on our website and via email.
If you have any further questions or would like to be notified about future updates on the scheme, please contact us at [email protected].