The solar for low income households offer is currently available to eligible NSW homeowners that live in the following locations:
- North Coast
- Central Coast
- South Coast
- Greater Sydney local government areas of:
- Bayside Council
- Blacktown City Council
- Burwood Council
- Campbelltown City Council
- Canterbury-Bankstown Council
- City of Parramatta Council
- Cumberland Council
- Fairfield City Council
- Georges River Council
- Liverpool City Council
- Penrith City Council
- Strathfield Municipal Council
- Sutherland Shire Council
Check your postcode or local government area to see if you live in an eligible location.
To be eligible for the offer, you must:
- currently receive the Low Income Household Rebate
- agree not to receive the rebate for ten years
- hold a valid Pensioner Concession Card or Department of Veterans’ Affairs Gold Card
- own your house
- not already have a solar PV system
- live in one of the selected NSW locations (see above).
If you are not the registered homeowner but your spouse is, your household may be eligible.
Please refer to page 7 of the guidelines for more information about eligibility criteria.
Will the offer be expanded to other locations in the future?
Yes. Over the next 12 months, the offer will be expanded across NSW.
If you’re not currently in an eligible location in NSW and are interested in participating, visit our website to fill in your details. We will notify you when your location becomes eligible.