Social programs for energy code
The NSW Social Programs for Energy Code sets out how retailers must assist in delivering the Government's energy assistance measures and how to claim reimbursement from the State Government for paying energy rebates & energy account payment assistance (EAPA) vouchers. Retailers need to consult the SPC for details of the requirements.
The code requires retailers to report information on their customers who receive one or more rebates. The Department provides a template for this reporting and publishes summaries of the information it receives from retailers together with other information about the rebates program. The existing reports available include:
- NSW Energy Rebates Report 2017-18 (PDF report and Excel workbook)
- NSW Energy Rebates Report July to December 2018 (PDF report and Excel workbook)
- NSW Energy Rebates July 2018 - Dec 2019 Trend Analysis (Excel workbook)
- NSW Energy Rebates Trend Analysis 2017-2020 (Excel workbook)
- NSW Energy Rebates July - Dec 2019 Analysis (Excel workbook)
- NSW Energy Social Program Analysis 2019-20 (Excel workbook)
- NSW Energy Social Programs Annual Report 2019-20 (PDF report)
On 3 May 2019, amendments to the NSW Social Programs for Energy Code were published in the New South Wales Government Gazette. These changes commenced from 3 November 2019. The amended NSW Social Programs for Energy Code is available online and can be accessed here.