NSW Solar and Renewable Energy Summit
Last updated: 11 July 2011
The NSW Government hosted the NSW Solar and Renewable Energy Summit on 1 July 2011 in Newcastle.
The Summit brought together industry representatives, energy experts, government, environmental groups and consumer advocates, to plan for a low emissions and low cost energy future for NSW.
The Summit discussed a number of measures to achieving a practical way forward for the renewables industry, including:
- options for a fair price for solar generated electricity;
- a practical way forward for small, medium and large scale solar in NSW;
- peak load management to reduce costs and energy consumption; and
- renewable energy investment.
A Solar and Renewable Energy Action Plan will be prepared based on the outcomes of the Summit.
Renewable energy is a critical part of Australia's energy future. We are committed to building a prosperous and sustainable sector in NSW that will contribute to meeting Australia's 20 per cent renewable energy target by 2020.
Having your say
To participate in the discussion, send your ideas on the above four points to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of July 2011.
The NSW Government will also begin work on a Solar and Renewable Energy Action Plan which will be informed by expert feedback from the Summit, as well as community consultation. Continue to view this website for further information.
Materials presented at the Solar Summit
- Agenda 174kb PDF
- Fact sheet 1.4Mb PDF
- Prof. John Burgess, Australian Academy of Technological Science and Engineering 814kb PDF
- Dr Adi Paterson, Australian Nuclear Science and Technology Organisation 1.2Mb PDF
- Mr Jim Cox, Independent Pricing and Regulatory Tribunal 159kb PDF
- Mr Warwick Johnston, Sunwiz 784kb PDF
- Mr Matthew Warren, Clean Energy Council 146kb PDF
- Mr Gary James, Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism 356kb PDF
- Prof. Michael Dureau, Warren Centre for Advanced Engineering 2.9Mb PDF
- Mr Allan Jones MBE, City of Sydney 1.5Mb PDF
- Ms Susan Jeanes, Australian Geothermal Energy Association 759kb PDF
- Dr Brian Spalding, Australian Energy Market Commission 653kb PDF
- Closing remarks, Mr Rob Stokes, MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Renewable Energy 72kb PDF