Energy Assistance Guide and Fact Sheets
Released: Nov 2011
The Energy Assistance Guide has been prepared for and in consultation with Community Welfare Organisations, Energy Retailers’ Customer hardship Units and Financial Counselllors. It is intended to provide a ‘one stop shop’ of information to be used in assisting households manage their energy use.
The Guide outlines customer rights and billing information as well as details what rebates and programs are available to assist with payment with of energy bills and explains how to access energy assistance.
The fact sheets contain short summaries of information in the Guide as well as details of where to go in the Guide to find out more.
The Energy Assistance Guide and fact sheets can be downloaded here:
- Energy Assistance Guide (pdf) 4.4 MB
- Fact Sheet 1 - Who to contact (pdf) 327.4 KB
- Fact Sheet 2 - Assessing energy hardship (pdf) 354.8 KB
- Fact Sheet 3 - Understanding an electricity bill (pdf) 501.5 KB
- Fact Sheet 4 - Understanding a gas bill (pdf) 444.7 KB
- Fact Sheet 5 - Getting financial help with your energy bills (pdf) 102.8 KB
- Fact Sheet 6 - Reducing your energy costs (pdf) 591.3 KB
- Fact Sheet 7 - Disconnection and reconnection (pdf) 329.9 KB
- Fact Sheet 8 - Disputes and complaints (pdf) 264.4 KB
- All fact sheets (pdf) 1.9 MB
If you have any problems with the accessibility of these publications, please contact the Energy Info Line on 1300 136 888.